Dr. Barrera is emphatic that you DO NOT SMOKE for at least 2 weeks before the migraine surgery and a minimum of 3 weeks after the procedure. This is a VERY IMPORTANT consideration for the healing process to occur without interruption.
At the time of scheduling the surgery, Dr. Barrera requires a current list of all your medications along with dosage amounts including hormones, vitamins, sleeping pills or anti-depressants.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS 2 WEEKS BEFORE SURGERY:
Continue taking your normal prescription medications for the treatment of blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes or thyroid issues.
- NO SMOKING – cigarettes and cigars - first and foremost
- Do not take any aspirin products including “Ketorolaco”
- Discontinue the use of the following supplements:
- Vitamin E
- Fish Oil AND/or Omega 3 capsules
- Gingo Biloba
- Any anti-aging supplements
- Diet pills
- Diet Green Teas
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Do not take “Arnika” which is promoted as aiding in the reduction of swelling prior to surgery.