Dr. Barrera manipulates and disables these triggers which will result in the elimination of migraine suffering from your life. In 90% of the cases, the patient has never had a recurring migraine attack! For the other 10% of his patients, the frequency with which they developed the migraine events was lessened and the intensity was diminished as well. This is a win win situation!
We realize that this may sound too good to be true, however, Dr. Barrera has conducted his own sound study group, with a strident protocol where the evidence speaks for itself. He is changing the lives of people who otherwise had no hope of ever knowing migraine relief from chronic life altering migraine attacks.
Depending on the type of migraine, Dr. Barrera uses a minimally invasive surgical technique which can provide a long-term solution for patients who are severely or chronically affected by migraine pain.
The incision is located right above the ear and will be approximately 1 ½ inches long. It is a vertical incision that is located within the hair line for both our male and female patients. For the majority of our patients it is only necessary to perform this procedure on one side of the head. On rare occasions, depending on the history of migraine pain, he would have to do this procedure on both sides of the patient’s head.
Dr. Barrera performs his migraine surgical procedures in his surgical suite, on the ground floor of the hospital, which is adjacent to his professional office. The procedure will last about 45 minutes. Dr. Barrera uses a Local Anesthetic and an I.V. Sedative to place the patient in a “sleep state”. Once the patient is alert and steady on their feet they are able to return to San Miguel for the recuperation period of one full week. A patient will need to remain in a state of repose for the first 48 hours following the migraine surgical procedure. After that length of time you can resume your normal activities. Dr. Barrera will come to your place in San Miguel to remove your stitches just one week after the date of surgery. Our patients are then able to fly home to their respective cities the day after the sutures have been removed.