Anyone who has suffered from a migraine attack knows the pain, anguish and debilitating effects that it can have on your entire life. These migraine events are not just headaches, they are an array of neurological symptoms that can include throbbing head pain, nausea and visual disturbances.
When an individual experiences migraine pain they are often unable to go to work or interact with others. They can develop extreme sensitivity to light and sound and often only find comfort in a darkened room asleep. Solitude and quiet are most often the only answer for coping with migraine pain.
There are many options out there now for the treatment of migraines. Some of them are viable and others are not. Migraine sufferers continue to seek out viable options for eliminating migraine attacks from their lives and are finding little or no success at eliminating migraine pain from their lives completely.
It has now been proven that a surgical option to migraine pain can provide a long-term solution for patients who are severely or chronically affected by migraines. Our own studies have reported over 90 percent effectiveness, with most patients enjoying significant to complete relief of their migraines after migraine surgery.
Please allow me introduce you to a renowned and gifted Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon in Mexico. Dr. Carlos Barrera was educated at one of the most recognized universities in Latin America. He has been in medical practice for over 27 years and became challenged by the study of migraine attacks and pain while working on his face lift patients.
Click to see video »
Dr. Barrera appeared on CNN's "Medical Tourism" piece in November 2006.
Dr. Barrera performs his world class services in a privately owned specialty hospital. “Centro Medico Quirurgico Hospital” is located in the city of Celaya, Mexico. It is a first class facility with ICU, CAT scan, and MRI capabilities. The city of Celaya has a population of approximately 500,000. Celaya is located just 45 minutes from the charming colonial city of San Miguel de Allende in Central Mexico.
Dr. Barrera has developed an innovative surgical technique that can actually eliminate certain types of migraines. There is now strong evidence that surgical manipulation of one or more migraine trigger sites can successfully eliminate (cure) or reduce the frequency, duration, and/or intensity of migraine headaches with long lasting results.
This innovative technique was revealed to Dr. Barrera in the course of performing his face lift procedures over a 27 year period. He came to realize that there was a correlation between certain muscles, arteries and nerves to the occurrence of migraine attacks. In fact, of the patients that he has performed this procedure on, 90% of them have not had another migraine event occur. Their lives have been miraculously transformed. The other 10% report a significant decline in the intensity and frequency of migraine attacks.
Dr. Barrera is now in the process of finalizing his “formal” study group with an established protocol and will be reporting his findings in the medical journals both in Mexico and the U.S. within the next twelve months.
If you would be interested in further information regarding this cutting edge technique, we will email a questionnaire for you to fill out and return to us.